Digital and Multimedia Editor, New England News Collaborative (*Remote Work Option)
Do you feel at home on the internet and want to create and elevate some of the best regional stories in public media?
The New England News Collaborative has a full-time opening for an ambitious, Digital and Multimedia Editor to help us inform and reach wider audiences on our digital platforms. Join us as we seek to harness our power and potential as a regional collaboration of nine public media stations in the Northeast.
This job includes pitching and creating original stories designed for a digital audience; driving the NENC’s online engagement efforts; and curating some of the best local and regional journalism from the collaborative and amplifying it on social and digital platforms.
The Digital and Multimedia Editor will also be an active partner and ally in the NENC’s diversity and inclusion efforts to strengthen our storytelling and journalism. They will join a growing NENC team in 2022 that includes a new editor and visual journalist as we expand to meet the needs of emerging audiences across platforms.
*Remote work in the New England region is available for this full-time position.
Essential job functions include:
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills across a range of story types
- News judgment, accuracy, and ability to adhere to New England News Collaborative’s editorial guidelines and journalism ethics
- Conceptualize, pitch and create compelling digital content with videos, photos and other multimedia elements to engage and inform audiences
- Collaborate with NENC partner stations on emerging platforms and social media, including best practices on accessibility; regional analytics; and cross-promoting digital content
- Manage NENC digital initiatives, including social media efforts, to ensure freshest and most compelling content is featured based on news value, analytics, and engaging audiences
- With NENC team, develop and carry out strategies for engaging communities in New England
- Collaborate with digital teams at NENC partner stations to execute social media plans on regional coverage areas, NENC content and events
The Digital and Multimedia Editor would be employed by Connecticut Public, lead station of the NENC. Other partner stations include NPR affiliates WBUR, GBH, Vermont Public, New Hampshire Public Radio, Maine Public, New England Public Media, WSHU and CAI Cape and Islands.
We recognize candidates might not fit every qualification. If that’s you, we still encourage you to apply. Let us know about you and your talents.
Want to learn more about the New England News Collaborative? NENC Executive Editor Vanessa de la Torre is available for virtual “office hour” chats and will be in-person at the NABJxNAHJ national convention and career fair in Las Vegas in early August. She can be reached at email@example.com.