NENC Careers: Digital and Multimedia Producer/Editor, New England News Collaborative
Digital and Multimedia Producer/Editor, New England News Collaborative (*Remote Work Option)
The Digital and Multimedia Producer/Editor will pitch, create and produce original digital content and projects for a regional New England audience.
Working with the New England News Collaborative’s nine public media stations, they will also amplify the region’s best local journalism on digital platforms and help us create a new social media channel for our collaborative – with video – that engages a diverse range of New Englanders. They will drive the NENC’s engagement efforts and be an active partner and ally in the NENC’s diversity and inclusion efforts to strengthen our journalism and impact.
*Remote work in the New England region is available for this full-time position.
Essential job functions include:
- Create, develop and manage digital content -- including on social media -- that help expand the NENC’s reach, engagement and impact across New England, including among underrepresented audiences
- Elevate and amplify NENC partners’ coverage of climate change, environment, racial inequality and other topics of interest in New England
- Create new NENC-branded social media channel(s) to reach a wider range of New Englanders
- Collaborate with digital teams at NENC partner stations to execute social media plans on regional coverage areas, NENC content and events
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills across a range of story types
- News judgment, accuracy, and ability to adhere to New England News Collaborative’s editorial guidelines and journalism ethics
The Digital and Multimedia Producer/Editor would be employed by Connecticut Public, lead station of the NENC. Other partner stations include NPR affiliates WBUR, GBH, Vermont Public, New Hampshire Public Radio, Maine Public, New England Public Media, WSHU and CAI Cape and Islands.
We recognize candidates might not fit every qualification. If that’s you, we still encourage you to apply. Let us know about you and your talents.
Want to learn more about the New England News Collaborative? NENC Executive Editor Vanessa de la Torre is available for virtual “office hour” chats. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the NENC’s Careers page to learn about opportunities at our partner stations.